Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oklahoma Republican Representative Kerns Homosexual Hate Speech Quote 12

She says "they [homosexuals] have more suicides" This may be true as well, but consider the reason. The reason is because they face conditions that are likely to increase suicide risks. Imagine if the lifestyle you were involved in was a lifestyle that caused you an increased potential for abandonment of your family, physical abuse and more. The emotional consequences of such a lifestyle would automatically increase suicide risk. People would say that the way to prevent this is to not choose the lifestyle. The statistics of people who deny their sexual orientation and portray themselves as someone they are not are more at risk for suicide than if they are out about who they are. I will never understand why someone would think that anyone would choose a lifestyle that would cause such significant consequences nor will I ever understand why someone would rather that person risk their life further by pretending they are not who they are just to give others peace of mind. It is not my problem if someone else is not comfortable with who I am - that is what therapy is for. If you have a problem with me that causes you such strife then invest in one because I am fine with me.



Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home