Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oklahoma Republican Representative Kerns Homosexual Hate Speech Quote 6

She says "I taught school for close to 20 years, and we're not teaching facts and knowledge anymore" Wow!! When were we ever?!!!!??? I was in school 20 years ago - in Oklahoma as a matter of fact. I don't recall it ever being taught in my history class that someone other than Columbus discovered America which we know is not true. I don't recall it ever being taught in my history books that Columbus landed on our beautiful land and shortly thereafter began raping and pillaging the people who were there. I don't recall a thourough teaching of what Malcom X's points of veiws were beyond a simple paragraph or two depicting him as violent. I dont' recall it ever being mentioned when hearing about Martin Luther King Jrs work and his famous march on Washington speech that the principal organizer and frequent counselor to King regarding passive resistance was Bayard Rustin an openly gay man who King openly supported. I don't recall any depiction of Native Americans in my history class other than that of stupid un-civilized people who were willing to trade their land for trinkets as opposed to a people who fought for years to keep the land that was rightfully theirs that they would much rather have shared peacefully only to be killed, scalped, poisoned, raped, lied to, linched and more. What facts is this crazy lady referencing? They weren't taught back then either.



Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home