Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dr. Treats Children As Young As 7 For Sex Changes

WOW!!!! I can't believe that any doctor would really do this. I'm all for everyone in the world having freedom, but I have to admit that I have a limited point of view on who should have complete freedom and who should not. I don't think that children should be given complete freedom until they are legally adults. I think that our job as a society is to protect children from neglegence and harm and to give them certain freedoms without first giving them the coping skills and deductive reasoning to deal with such freedoms is irresponsible of us. I also think that there is much to be said about what our bodies go through as we grow and I definitely don't support messing with this process until it is complete. We all know that doing certain things can damage young bodies. In puppies for example if you take them on long jogs when they are just little puppies you chance damaging particular muscle groups etc. that can negatively affect the animal for life. I think it is much the same for human children. I am totally in support of parents supporting their children when they are going through the various stages of gender identity, but I don't support them potentially damaging their bodies. I don't know what else to say but that.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home